Client was charged with a number of drug and gun offenses after being arrested by the police who claimed that the client was involved in a scheme to sell drugs.
1. Distributing Controlled Substances within 300 yards of a school DISMISSED
2. Possession with Intent to Deliver Heroin DISMISSED
3. Possession with Intent to Deliver Marijuana DISMISSED
4. Possession of a Firearm During the Possession and Delivery of Heroin and Marijuana DISMISSED
5. Conspiracy to Violate the Controlled Substances Act FIVE YEARS SUSPENDED WITH 5 YEARS PROBATION AND CREDIT FOR TIME SERVED.
6. Violation of a Fourteen Year Suspended Sentence. CONTINUED ON THE SAME PROBATION – NO ADDITIONAL JAIL
This client faced the very real possibility of spending decades in jail. However, the client was able to walk out of court this morning after being charged with some of the most serious crimes one can face in Rhode Island.